Best Vegan Dark Chocolate Mousse
Whether you are entertaining, or just in the mood to make yourself a special treat, this vegan dessert is delicious and full of mood elevating dark chocolate. The texture is light and creamy thanks to the secret ingredient: avocados. Avocados and dark chocolate give this blissful recipe a burst of antioxidants that can protect against free radicals and support the immune system. Vegans and non-vegans will love this healthy, simple, tasty recipe.
2 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup of organic raw cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1/2 cup of semi-sweet dark chocolate chips (dairy free)
1/3 cup of organic coconut milk
4 tablespoons of organic agave syrup
2 teaspoons organic vanilla bean paste
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons of organic raw cocoa powder for garnish
1. Add chocolate chips to a small glass bowl.
2. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
3. Stir for 2 minutes until chocolate is soft and smooth. Let cool for 3 minutes.
4. Place semi-melted chocolate, avocados, raw cocoa powder, coconut milk, agave syrup, vanilla bean paste and salt into a glass blender.
5. Blend the mixture until it is creamy.
6. Scoop mixture into small glass cups or dessert dishes.
7. Chill in refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
8. Sprinkle unsweetened cocoa powder on top for garnish and serve.